Filled with "Monsters from the id! Monsters from the subconscious," this 1956 cult classic - the inspiration for legendary science fiction series such as Star Trek and Dr. Who - stars Leslie Nielsen as Commander J.J. Adams, whose investigation of the defunct Altair IV expedition takes a turn for the strange when he and his starship crew encounter Dr. Morbius (Walter Pidgeon), Altaira (Anne Francis), and "Robby the Robot," and discover a dark secret that could put all their lives in jeopardy. Widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1, Rated G. 1 hr. 38 min.
Special features include:
- Deleted scenes and lost footage
- Follow-up vehicles starring Robby the Robot: The Invisible Boy and The Thin Man> television series episode, "Robot Client"
- Three documentary featurettes: Amazing! Exploring the Far Reaches of Forbidden Planet, Robby the Robot: Engineering a Sci-Fi Icon, and Watch the Skies! Science Fiction, the 1950s and Us, a discussion with directors Stephen Spielberg, George Lucas, Ridley Scott, and James Cameron on the 1950s' science fiction movies that inspired them.
- Excerpts from the television series, Parade
- Theatrical trailers of Forbidden Planet and The Invisible Boy