|You are here:||Models and Kits > Other Military > Vietnam Era|
F-101B Voodoo 1/72 Die Cast Model
Air Defense Weapons Center, Tyndall AFB, 1979
The crown jewel in Hobby Master's line of 1/72 scale, die cast Century Series models has arrived, and it's bewitching!
A replica of a McDonnell F-101B Voodoo, a supersonic fighter that served with the U.S. Air Force from the late 1950s to the early 1970s (and continued in Air National Guard service into the 1980s), this newly-tooled model has:
- Engraved panel and hatch lines
- A detailed cockpit with controls, ejector seats, two beautifully painted crew figures, and an opening canopy
- Jet air intakes with structural details inside and the distinctively long Pratt & Whitney J57-P-55 afterburners extending out the back
- The F-101B's unique rotating weapons pallet with two AIM-4 Falcon air-to-air missiles on one side and two AIR-2 Genie nuclear-tipped air-to-air missiles on the other
- Fuselage-mounted fuel tanks
- An Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST) sensor, a pitot tube, and other sensors on the nose
- Optional-position landing gear
- The markings of an aircraft that served with the Air Defense Weapons Center, Tyndall Air Force Base, in 1979, including the Tactical Air Command shield on one side of the tail and the Aerospace Defense Command shield on the other
- A display stand
- And more!
Hobby Master F-100s, F-102s, F-104s, F-105s, F-106s, and F-111s are widely recognized as the finest die cast jet fighters ever produced, and the experience gained in creating them is clearly evident here. So fill the hole in your Century Series collection and order your "One-O-Wonder" today! 11¼" long.
Add this product to your shopping cart